My Happy Place Week 3: My Note to a Loved One
This week we will be learning how to make and decorate a Note to a Loved One with Talula. We are all being encouraged to isolate during this difficult time and it can be hard to find something to do which can help to pass the time, especially as we are not used to spending so much of it indoors!
Here is a little something that we hope you enjoy making and sending to anybody you know or love: just reaching out to say ‘hi – how are you?’
We think they would appreciate the effort – wouldn’t you?!
What you need to get started:
- Any A5, A4 or A3 paper (plain, wrapping paper, cereal box, card)
- A postal stamp
Use stencils to create patterns, draw around your hand or stick down an image – just remember to leave a space to write their address, then pop out to post your creation.
Use any wallpaper scraps, wrapping paper etc. you have lying around and see how happy you will make somebody.
How to make an envelope template:
- Lay out your sheet of paper/card in portrait style.
- Draw a 1 cm deep line across the top edge of the sheet (the shortest edge).
- Fold up the bottom of your sheet to this line and fold. The top should now have an overhang.
- Measure 1 cm on either side of the top, mark, draw a straight line down to the bottom.
- Draw a diagonal line on each corner connecting the pencil lines (4 in total) to create an octagonal shape as shown in the video. Please note that the top two diagonal lines will be larger.
- Cut away the 4 diagonal corners.
- Open your sheet, lay it flat.
- Cut up the lines from the bottom of the sheet to where the fold line is leaving a square shape at the bottom.
- Fold the bottom square up.
- If using card then slowly score in the top fold lines (as shown in the video) to allow for easier folding of the top edges.
- Once you’ve made your envelope, write a note inside and decorate as you like.
We’d love to see your creations!
You can email us images or tag us in our social media pages @neeshaorg